Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pancakes for Breakfast


Our grown children (4) plus 3 significant others & 3 grandkids here for Easter. I am well aware how privileged we are that they want to come home & even be seen with us in public. Daughter + main squeeze already here so today I made pancakes for breakfast. I operate on the principle stated by Buffy the Vampire Slayer's mother: "They only have no calories if I make them for you."
    A bit of a shock to my system nevertheless, because we fasted all day yesterday, as in: several glasses of water & 3 cups of herbal tea, period. It was Good Friday & I usually do fast - not a lot to ask given the reason we celebrate Good Friday - but it's as much cleansing as Christianity. Always send a thought to the millions fasting because they haven't got food. Here it's 'interesting' to experience actual hunger, because we wellfed westerners have pretty well forgotten what that's all about. It does feel good too - afterwards.

   Give it a try & have a Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment